Nigeria may have a long way to go in providing quality medical care for people. But some hospitals stood out in care giving, providing great services for their patients, be it urgent medical problems or regular check-ups.
In no particular order, these hospitals are selceted based on Cost, Ambience, Location, Skilled, and Specialized Doctors, facilities etc.
CHECK: LAND FOR SALE IN LAGOS
Gold Cross Hospital (GCH) Ikoyi
Located both on the mainland, and the island of Lagos state. Gold Cross Hospital has been structured to accommodate various Departments which include Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, and Surgery. Each department has its private lounge.
The facilities are well furnished single and shared wards. Other facilities include Stress Test ECG, 24hr Holter Monitors, Spirometry, Endoscopy, 3 modern theatres with capacity for Laparoscopic surgery, Delivery Suites with Fetal Monitors, well equipped Emergency Room with monitors and defibrillators, well equipped laboratory, Physiotherapy Unit, Hemodialysis unit, Neonatal and Adult ICU.
Address (Island & Mainland)
17B, Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: 08082094409, 08102634743
7B Isaac John St, Ikeja GRA, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: +234 (1) 453769
Email: [email protected]
St. Nicholas Hospital
St. Nicholas Hospital was first registered as a private hospital in 1952, admitting only obstetrical, gynaecological and paediatric cases. Currently, they provide primary, secondary and tertiary health services.
St. Nicholas Hospital has been consistent and dependable over the years. One can be assured of excellence and high level of responsiveness from the hospital staff. With specialised medical equipment and efficient health professionals, they provide great care for their patients, while also offering a wide range of services in the following:
- General medicine
- Ante-natal care
- Diagnostic services
- Wellness Checks
2 Faramobi Ajike Crescent (Former Bush Street) Anthony Village, Maryland
57 Campbell Street, Victoria Island
CHECK: HOUSES FOR SALE IN LAGOS
CHECK: LAND FOR SALE IN IKORODU
Reddington Hospital is a highly comprehensive hospital which started out providing cardiac services. That is what they are renown for, however, they also render services in general medicine, radiology, trauma care, nephrology, dialysis, fertility services, among others.
- 12 Idowu Martins Street, Lagos Island, Lagos
- 39 Isaac John St, Ikeja GRA, Lagos Nigeria
- 15c Admiralty Way Lekki Phase 1
- Eko Hospital
- Eko Hospital is a private hospital operating from three locations in Lagos. The main one is at Ikeja, with 132 well-equipped beds for patients. The branch at Surulere has about 40 beds, while they operate ambulatory services in Ikoyi. Established in 1982, Eko Hospital provides a wide range of health services, including secondary services for its local population, regional as well as national health services. These are some of the units and services rendered:
- Audiometry unit, for conducting hearing tests to enhance the identification of the threshold level
- Dialysis Unit, for the diagnosis and treatment of Kidney
- Medical Laboratory, for the diagnosis of various infections and diseases.
- A blood bank for the storage and preservation of donated blood for emergency purpose
- Physiotherapy Unit to provides a comprehensive service to hospital inpatients,
- Radiotherapy Equipment.
- Pathology Laboratory
- Psychiatric Testing
- CT Scan Computerised Coaxial
- Prostate Screening
- Intensive Care Unit
- Radiotherapy Equipment.
- Mobolaji Bank Anthony way, Ikeja
- 3A Akerele Road, Surulere, Lagos
- Ikoyi, Lagos
- First Consultant Hospital
- First Consultant Hospital is a reputable private hospital with specialisation in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. However, they also offer services in general medicine. The hospital came to worldwide attention in 2014 as the hospital where the Ebola virus disease patient Patrick Sawyer was taken after becoming ill on arrival in Lagos.
- St. Gregory’s College Road, Obalende Lagos
- CHECK: MINI FLAT FOR RENT IN LAGOS
- St. Ives
- St. Ives is a multi-specialist hospital which opened in 1996. They offer health services for individuals, families and corporations, ranging from general medicine to paediatrics, and gynaecology. Their fertility unit is ranked as one of the best in Lagos state with a specialty in the treatment of IVF failure. They are abreast of modern developments in medicine and have a team of qualified health professionals. Regular health checks can also be done, and they provide a detailed medical report. They also have an arrangement for in-house treatments and consultancy.
- 12 Salvation Road, Opebi, Ikeja
- 6 Maitama Sule Street, Ikoyi
- 2 Osho/Irewole Street, Opebi Ikeja (Medicare service)
- CHECK: HOUSE FOR SALE IN LEKKI
- Lagoon Hospital
- Lagoon Hospital has a focused and dedicated team of Specialists with the wealth of experience in their individual fields of expertise. They have comfortable 52 in-patient beds at their main branch. Their diligence and dedication in pursuing their mission to help restore the well-being of their patients make them one of the best hospitals in Lagos.
- Lagoon Hospital provides services in the following speciality:
- Burns and Plastic Surgery
- General Medicine
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Thoracic Surgery
- Lagoon Hospital has three branches located in different part of Lagos.
- 8 Marine Road, Apapa Lagos, Lagos State
- Off Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja
- 11A Idejo Street, Victoria Island
- Notable Mentions are
Jolads Hospital, Gbagada, Lagos
BlueCross Hospital, Ogba, Lagos
St. Judes Hospital, Festac Town
Vintage Hospital, Lagos
Motayo Hospital, Toyin Street, Ikeja
Nigeria Navy Hospital, Ojo
Nigerian Airforce Hospital, Ikeja
- Notable Mentions are