Real Estate in Nigeria is a big business. The number Estate agents are rapidly increasing. The effect of this is that there will be good agents and bad agents. Some will be fraudulent agents, while some will be genuine agents.
Interestingly, agents can be diversified based on the areas they work. So, the same way Lagos is classified into the island and the mainland, Lagos agents can also be classified into Island agents and mainland agents.
There are features that are peculiar to these two classes of real estate gurus. Enjoy their similarities and differences as you read on.
Below are qualities that these agents have in common:
- They are into the Real Estate business.
- They are highly informed about their environment.
- They know how to get their clients.
- They work directly with landlords or other agents.
- Most of them are good at what they do.
- It is their source of livelihood
- They work as intermediaries between clients and landlords
Their differences are quite funny. It is perceived that island agents differ from mainland agents, as there is a perceived class difference between the island and the mainland. Some of the differences are listed below;
- most agents on the island don’t collect inspection fee.
mainland agents collect inspection fees
- most island agents belong to one association or another
most mainland agents don’t even belong to any association
- the agency fees paid on the island is quite high
the agency fees paid on the mainland is lower and more affordable
- most island agents have offices
only a few agents do on the mainland
- island agents have so many people working for them.
they don’t even do the work themselves sometimes.
Mainland agents do not have people working
they tend to do their work themselves because the money they have is not even enough for them.
- island agents believe in work ethics
mainland agents are also divided depending on their area of specialization
- island agents handle bigger and more expensive properties
mainland agents handle affordable and less expensive properties
ALSO READ: Letters to my LandLord (1)
At tolet.com.ng, we have the best and classiest agents both on the island and on the mainland. Our agents operate on the same pedestal. We have a standard for all those who work with us. Our aim is to give you the best services when it comes to buying or renting apartments whether on the island or on the mainland. We work with over three thousand agents to make sure that you get your dream home with ease. Contact us today to get the best real estate experience.