The world has been abruptly put on lockdown, due to the COVID 19 pandemic. This event has shut down Workplaces, Schools and even religious gathering in other to seize the spread of the virus.
COVID-19 RECENT UPDATES AS AT JUNE 1, 2020
- 416 New cases of #COVID19 have been reported in Nigeria. 192 in Lagos, 41 in Edo, 33 in Rivers, 30 in Kaduna, 23 in Kwara, 18 in Nasarawa, 17 in Borno, 14 in FCT, 10 in Oyo, 7 in Katsina, 5 in Abia & Delta, 4 in Adamawa & Kano, 3 in Imo & Ondo, 2 in Benue, Bauchi & Ogun, 1 in Niger.
- With number of cases up to Ten thousand Five hundred & Seventy Eight (10,578), Discharged cases at (3,122) and Deaths recorded at (299) from #COVID19
- Over 63,882 #COVID19 test have been carried out by NCDC
CASES OF COVID-19 IN STATES ACROSS NIGERIA
UPDATE ON SECOND PHASE OF LOCKDOWN
- Mobilization of all resources at State and Local Government levels to create public awareness on COVID 19 and improve compliance with non-pharmaceutical interventions within communities;
- Sustenance of key non-pharmaceutical interventions that would apply nationwide and include:
- Ban of gatherings of more than 20 people outside of a workplace;
- Relaxation of restriction on places of Worship based on guidelines issued by the PTF and Protocols agreed by State Governments
- Managed access to markets and locations of economic activity to limit the risk of transmission;
- Ban on inter-state travels except for movement of agricultural produce, petroleum products, manufactured goods & essential services;
- Mandatory use of non-medical face masks in public places;
- Mandatory provision of handwashing facilities/sanitisers in all public places;
- Isolation of vulnerable populations (elderly and those with underlying health conditions)
- Massive information and education campaigns.
- Easing the total lockdown of Kano State and introduction of Phase One of the Eased Lockdown.
BASIC PREVENTIVE MEASURES AGAINST COVID-19
- Wash Your Hands Frequently
- Maintain Social Distancing
- Avoid Touching Eyes, Nose and Mouth
- Practice Respiratory Hygiene
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
Stay informed while you stay indoors as instructed by the authorities, follow the NCDC guidelines, and avoid fake news on social media.
NCDC Emergency Numbers:
- Toll Free Number: 0800 9700 0010
- WhatsApp: +234708 711 083
- SMS Number: +234809 955 5577
Global Report on COVID19