Borgu is a Local Government Area in Niger State, Nigeria. It is located in the south-west of the state, and its headquarters are in the town of New Bussa. The LGA has a population of over 300,000 people, and its major ethnic groups are the Bariba, the Fulani, and the Hausa.
Borgu is a predominantly agricultural area, and its main crops are millet, sorghum, rice, and cassava. The LGA also has a number of industries, including the production of textiles, cement, and bricks.
Borgu is a popular tourist destination, and its main attractions include the Bida Old Palace, the Bida Mosque, the Bida Lake, and the Bida Forest. There are also a number of festivals and celebrations held in Borgu throughout the year.
The following are some of the notable places in Borgu Local Government Area:
* New Bussa: The headquarters of Borgu Local Government Area.
* Bida: A historic city that was once the capital of the Nupe Kingdom.
* Bida Old Palace: A historical site that was once the home of the Etsu Nupe, the traditional ruler of the Nupe people.
* Bida Mosque: A beautiful mosque that was built in the 18th century.
* Bida Lake: A natural attraction that is popular for swimming, fishing, and boating.
* Bida Forest: A natural attraction that is home to a variety of plants and animals.
Borgu is a beautiful and historic region with a lot to offer visitors. If you are looking for a place to experience a new culture, enjoy the outdoors, and meet friendly people, then Borgu is the perfect place for you.