Are you a renter interested in buying a home? or you’re wondering if renting an apartment makes more sense than buying a house? or you are just confused if buying a house is the right decision? Here are a few reasons buying a home always wins:
1. Buying a house is one of the best ways to prepare for old age or retirement. You don’t want to be 70 years old and still have to pay rent, Do you? Owning a home helps you fulfill one of those many life’s goals.
2. Purchasing a house is one of the safest long-term investments a person can make as houses tend to appreciate in value over the years. If you had to choose between setting money aside for a new car or a new house, a house should be your go to as a car, if anything, only depreciates in value over time. Once you own a house and build some equity you may find yourself in the financial position to buy another and rent one out. It can be seen as a means of building future wealth.
ALSO READ: Top 7 Most Expensive Places to Live in Lagos
3. One of the biggest reasons people buy properties is the pride of ownership it gives. Whether it is a bungalow or a duplex, it is yours and you can do with it as you please, and that in itself is a very big accomplishment.
CHECK OUT: AFFORDABLE PROPERTIES FOR SALE IN LAGOS
4. One reason owning a house always wins is because of the freedom it brings. You are free to do what you want in your own home. You have the freedom to express yourself and design the house to suit your needs.
5. With freedom also comes a high level of privacy and independence when you own a home which can be limited when you live in a rented apartment.
6. Most tenants living in rented apartments are always pensive when the time for rent is due. Some would go as far as taking a loan, saving extensively or even selling some properties so as to meet up with payment. Don’t even get me started on the chances of unexpected rent increment and quit notice! All of which are not likely to happen when you own your home.
CHECK OUT: AFFORDABLE PROPERTIES FOR RENT IN LAGOS
7. Money used as rent can be used towards other side projects you may have on ground or can simply be used as savings. You eliminate the expense of housing once you buy a house.
8. There is a great sense of belonging to the area where your house is located. You tend to feel more attached to the environs and people. Buying a home comes with a fixed address. You don’t have to worry about the feeling of starting your life from scratch which usually comes with renting a new apartment often. Owning a house and remaining in one neighborhood for several years gives you and your family a chance to establish lasting friendships, and offer your children the benefit of educational continuity without a glitch.
Buying a home is without a doubt one of the biggest financial decisions you can take in life and we help make that decision easier by providing affordable houses for rent and sale in Nigeria at TOLET.COM.NG